Global Merger & Acquisitions Experts
MGI Worldwide Member firm Baines Trust and Corporate Services Ltd
204 NG Tower, Cybercity, Ebène 72201, Mauritius
T: +230 5 252 3356
Qualifications, training and accreditation
- Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Licensed Insolvency Practitioner
Past and Present Positions
Osman counts over 20 years working experience in global business, audit, business advisory and M&A. He has performed assignments in Mauritius, UK, Madagascar, Rwanda, Burundi and Kenya.
He is the CEO of Baines Trust and Corporate Services Ltd, a management company licensed and regulated by the Mauritius Financial Services Commission. He was previously the CEO and founder of McMillan Woods, Chartered Accountants.
He worked in M&A for 11 years with one of the largest conglomerates in Mauritius. Prior to this, he worked as a Manager with PwC Mauritius for 2 years.
Principle professional Positions:
Transaction Adviser on M&A transactions. Advising on the most appropriate exit route. Acting as Administrator in Business Transformation Strategies. Financial Due Diligence, Valuations and Fund Raising. Working with Lawyers and Brokers in drafting SPAs and Private Placement Memoranda.
Significant M&A transactions:
He has completed transactions with a value in excess of USD 100m, including the following:
- Reverse take-over of a listed life insurance company by a new holding followed by a listing of the latter on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius (2002)
- Listing of the leading finance lease company on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius (2003)
- Acquisition of the largest car dealership in Mauritius followed by a de-listing on the Development and Enterprise Market (2004)
- Acquisition of the largest retailer of consumer goods in Mauritius followed by a de-listing on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius
- Acquisition of a retail bank in Mauritius (2008)
- Launch of the first Islamic Bank in Mauritius
- Merger of a retail bank and a finance lease company followed by a listing of the merged entity on the Stock Exchange of Mauritius (2012)
- From 2013 to 2014, as an Independent Board Member of Eight Africa Management (Mauritius) Limited, a Fund Manager to Eight Miles, a leading Africa focused Private Equity Fund
- Disposal of a Pan-African Telecommunications holding part of a sovereign fund (2015)
- Administration and Transformation strategy for a bio-farming technology company (2016)