Global AGM 2015
Thank you to all members who were able to join us for our flagship Global Annual Meeting, hosted by the UK & Ireland Area in one of the greatest capital cities of the world, London.
A vibrant city with four World Heritage Sites and famous landmarks such as St Paul’s Cathedral, within easy view of the conference venue.
As one of the most visited cities in the world, we knew London would be a big draw in attracting delegates from all corners of the globe. The event also coincided with one of the world’s major sporting events, the Rugby World Cup.
During the 3 days delegates had the opportunity to enjoy everything the programme had to offer, from meeting world-renowned speakers including Lord Campbell of Pittenweem (Menzies Campbell), a former Olympian and interim leader of the Liberal Democrat party, and Sir Clive Woodward, a former English rugby player and coach who brought England to victory in 2003, to truly spectacular “money-can’t-buy” London experiences, namely an invitation to the Terrace of the House of Commons in the Palace of Westminster and a grand finale at Mansion House where delegates were cordially invited to join the Lord Mayor of London at his residence for the evening. Delegates also enjoyed a London themed party night, being photographed with Royalty and singing with the Pearly Kings and Queens.
To access your picture taken with Royalty, click here to view and download.
It was a truly memorable event that will be remembered for many years to come.
Paul Winder, UK & Ireland Area Coordinator, says, “On behalf of the UK & Ireland Area, I would like to thank those who were able to join us for our AGM this year. We hope your time in London was memorable for the venues you visited, the speakers you heard and most importantly, for the other members that you engaged with. We were very proud to welcome you to our capital city.”
The event also marked the first MGI Worldwide and Mint Alliance AGM with the launch of the two new brands.
- Thought provoking speakers themed around achieving success on the international stage including Sir Clive Woodward OBE, Dr. James Bellini, Rt Hon The Lord Campbell of Pittenweem, CH CBE QC, Justin Urquhart Stewart and Murray Craig.
- Inspiring member firm case studies from Stephen Yeates, Martin Jacob and Tom Nelligan, Noel Kelleway and Bill Gould
- New member firm video presentation welcoming those in attendance including LTA Tax, Prague, Czech Republic, Joyce I Dickson, Canberra, Australia, Van Herck & Co., Antwerp, Belgium and APV (Cambodia), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Truly spectacular dinner and hospitality programme including drinks and canapés at the Palace of Westminster and a champagne reception and dinner at Mansion House in the presence of the Lord Mayor of London.
Date: 21 - 23 October 2015
Venue: The Grange St Paul’s Hotel
Location: London, UK
Host firm: MGI UK & Ireland Area
Attendees: 145 Delegates, 61 accompanying persons
AGM 2015 Agenda
AGM 2015 Delegate List
AGM 2015 Conference slides:
- The alliance and network and in the future, Ed Fahey and Clive Bennett.
- MGI at its best, an Irish Perspective, Martin Jacob and Tom Nelligan
- New member video and introductions link to video
- Insight – the international business of the future, James Bellini
- A Global Economic Forecast, Justin Urquhart Stewart
- MGI communication and marketing update, Maxine Brock
- International client generation, Peter Rosenwald
- The History of International Trade in the City of London, Murray Craig
- International Rugby vs International Business, Sir Clive Woodward
- Feedback from the MGI UK & I International Business Survey, Roger Isaacs
AGM 2015 in Pictures:
London Party Night Pictures with Royalty: Visit the meeting microsite here
Global Newsletter AGM Cover in pictures here
***A full meeting video will be shared with members soon***
AGM 2015 Sponsors
Thank you to our Sponsors:
CaseWare Working Papers Audit-Financial Reporting, Tax, Cloud CRM
Mackrell Turner Garrett London member and founder of Mackrell International, MGI's sister Law Network
SWAT UK Largest independent provider of accountancy training and compliance reviews in the UK
Blue Professions Insurance solutions and risk management advice for accountants
Chartered Developments Lead generation services
Creditsafe Worldwide provider of company credit reports and information
AbbeyTax Fee protection insurance
IHC Employee Benefits One of the UK’s largest healthcare intermediaries
Advancetrack outsourcing Outsourcing services for accountancy firms