23rd August 2017
Bengaluru (also called Bangalore) hosted the 2017 meeting from 4-5 August, at the palatial Leela Palace. The hotel is supposedly a replica of the famous Mysore palace in Karnataka.
The meeting was attended by 27 delegates from 15 MGI Asia member firms, as well as members from as far away as Milan, Italy and representatives from Mackrell International firm in Bangalore. The meeting provided an opportunity for members to catch up with old friends and to make new ones.
Meeting highlights included:
- An introduction to Mackrell International (MI), which led to an impromptu discussion on how MI & MGI Worldwide can collaborate for joint work.
- A presentation by MGI De Leone-Triunfo-Galloni on how membership with MGI and their partnership with Invest Lombardy have helped them grow their practice.
- An interesting panel session on “diversification from traditional audit services” which proved to be provocative with a variety of views.
- Membership survey results were shared with all members followed by a break out session on 4 areas emphasised during the survey.
- Promotion of MGI Worldwide amongst the staff of members
- Promotion of MGI Worldwide amongst clients of members
- How MGI Worldwide membership can help with firm growth
- How to make the most of the MGI Worldwide brand
This roundtable format provided plenty of opportunity for delegates, new and old, to collaborate and talk together. Many ideas and suggestions were put forth that form a basis for some tangible action items for the Area.
A “cake cutting” ceremony, to celebrate MGI’s 70th birthday, ended the morning on Day 1, and the traditional dinner and socializing was held at the rooftop of the Big Pitcher. A sumptuous buffet spread was laid out for all to enjoy while downing craft beer and cocktails.
A big thank you to all who helped organise this event. For more information about the 2017 MGI Asia Area meeting please contact Audrey Danasamy firstname.lastname@example.org
MGI Worldwide members can see the full meeting highlights along with the conference agenda, presentations and full delegate list, in the online Member Area in the Meeting highlights section. Click HERE to login.
MGI Asia is part of MGI Worldwide, a top 20 ranked global accounting network with some 5,000 independent auditors, accountants and tax experts in over 260 locations around the world.
20th September 2021
MGI Worldwide is delighted to introduce SBS and Company LLP, a new member firm joining our global...
16th September 2021
An Actual Meeting! Yes its true! MGI UK & Ireland held an in-person Tax Forum at The Marriott,...
7th September 2021
As a top-ranking global network, it is great to see MGI Worldwide CPAAI members continuing to...