24th October 2013
It was billed as the “greatest fight in history” with 14 riders and five support crew from CBW endeavouring to cycle around the M25 within 24 hours.
It did actually turn into a battle – but it was more against the weather than the distance. The heavens opened up … and stayed open for the entire 165 miles!
However, the team is now delighted to report that after…
- 2 encounters with the local constabulary
- 1 significant wrong turn
- 85 cups of tea
- 12 cans of red bull
- 16 packets of biscuits
- 0 casualties
- 195 miles by the support vehicles
- 169 miles by bike (yes, there was an unintentional “detour”)
- 60 al fresco toilet stops
- 15 bacon butties
- 6 veggie sausage butties
- 14 riders
- 1 midnight guest rider
- 5 support crew
- 14 bikes and 2 support vehicles
- 1 surprise box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts
- too many hills to mention
- 1 send off lunch from CBW
- 1 brilliant brunch to finish
…they arrived back safely in Greenwich Parkwith 1.5 hours to spare.
The team raised over £7,000 for the Huntington’s Disease Association.