Italy’s The Florentine magazine publishes Investors Visa Program feature article, written by MGI Worldwide with CPAAI member firm, MGI Vannucci & Associati
In a recently published article by international online newspaper, The Florentine, global accountancy network member, Pierpaolo Vannucci, from Lucca-based MGI Vannucci e Associati discusses new business opportunities available for international investors in Italy.
Pierpaolo refers to recent comments made by the Ministry of Economic Development, who showcased 10 excellent reasons for foreign investors to invest in Italy:
Benefits to foreign businesses considering investing in Italy
- One of the main economies and markets in the world
- A strategic logistics hub that connects global markets
- A key global player in production and export
- A highly competitive machinery sector and a strong "Made in Italy" brand
- A hub for excellence in research and development and innovation
- A qualified and competitive workforce
- An unparalleled cultural offer and a country brand
- A solid set of policies and incentives to improve competitiveness
- A reform-oriented, pro-business and pro-growth administration
- A country open to foreign investment
The Investor Visa for Italy
The article goes on to explain how the Investor Visa has been introduced to attract foreign capital and talent by allowing foreign investors to enjoy important tax benefits and immigration concessions.
The investor visa for Italy is valid for 2 years for non-EU citizens who choose to invest in strategic activities for the Italian economy and companies.
Incentivised tax investments for innovative start-ups
A range of incentives has been offered to both individuals and limited companies. For individuals, an income tax deduction equal to 30% of the amount invested, up to a maximum contribution of 1 million euro is offered, or 50% for investments up to 100,000 euro. Limited liability companies benefit from a deduction from the taxable amount for IRES purposes equal to 30% of the investment, with a maximum threshold set at 1.8 million euro.
MGI Vannucci & Associati boasts many years of recognized experience in start-ups and consultancy on international investments in Italy and can provide support and assistance in your investment choice. Please contact Pierpaolo Vannucci at [email protected] for more information about any details concerning the article, or if you have any questions about investing in Italy.
MGI Europe is part of MGI Worldwide with CPAAI, a top 20 ranked global accounting network and association with 10,000 independent auditors, accountants and tax experts in some 460 locations in almost 100 countries around the world.