11th December 2019
This year’s MGI UK & Ireland Partners, Directors & Managers Conference was held on the 27-29 November at the Forest of Arden Marriot Hotel and Country Club, near Birmingham, UK. The event attracted close to 80 global accounting network members from across the UK & Ireland region as well as from Europe.
Following the new format introduced last year, the meeting began on Wednesday 27 November with an informal drinks reception and dinner, followed by a full conference day on Thursday 28 running through until the afternoon of Friday 29 November.
Remaining Relevant to your Clients
The theme of this year's conference was all about "Remaining Relevant to your Clients”. With a mix of presentations from leading industry experts and sponsors starting with the renowned Shamus Rae who spoke about the adoption of Artificial Intelligence and what this means for the future, and followed by an inspiring insight on what firms need to do to survive and thrive from the magical speaker Mark Lee.
We always value participation from members and it was extremely beneficial to hear how firms take learning from past conferences to inspire change and transformation within their firms and we heard this first hand from Rickard Luckin’s Darren Clarke. We also heard some fantastic highlights from firms on their niche industry expertise and positive MGI experiences and how they have benefited from MGI membership. The meeting closed with the impressive Gillian Fischer on Change Management and how firms can get started. The conference theme this year had a solid technology focus with lots of opportunities to network, learn more from each other and speak with our sponsors.
- Driving the adoption of Artificial Intelligence into clients and the Professions, Shamus Rae
- What do clients want? Feedback from principal sponsor, Sage
- Outsourcing trends for 2020 by principal sponsor, ForrestBrown
- Remaining relevant, what’s it all about and making it happen, Mark Lee
- The Firm of the Future Roadmap, Rickard Luckin’s Darren Clarke
- Introducing the UK CPAAI firm to MGI Worldwide, Ensors
- Technology update in the accounting world provided by key sponsors
- What does good look like? Matt Flanagan, BlueHub
- An update from the first MGI Global Technology Partner, ReceiptBank
- Change Management, how do we get started? Gillian Fischer
To see all photos from this year’s MGI UK & Ireland Meeting, please visit our Flickr page, go HERE.
A big thank you to all who supported the event this year, particularly to our principal sponsors Sage and Forrest Brown, and a special thank you to Paul Winder for all his hard work in organising such a successful conference.
For more information contact Paul Winder, Regional Coordinator for UK & Ireland (email@example.com).
MGI UK & Ireland is part of MGI Worldwide, a top 20 ranked global accounting network with some 5,400 independent auditors, accountants and tax experts in over 260 locations around the world.